Posted: 5th June 2018
Full-time Office Administrator and eCommerce Order Processing (possibility of part-time with Job Share)
Based in Martley, Worcestershire, BabyRice was created in 2007 and has been growing from strength to strength ever since. Currently employing a team of 8, this is an exciting opportunity to join our small & friendly team.
We are looking for an experienced Office Administrator to completely manage our Admin department. This is a very much varied role, requiring a number of skills. You must be fully competent and confident with the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), the Internet and conversing with customers on the telephone. You must also be well organised, remaining calm under pressure and have a great eye for attention to detail. Ideally we are looking for someone to undertake this role full-time, however, if there are two perfect candidates out there to work part-time and share this role, then this is a possibility.
Duties are (but are not limited to):
- Timely processing of orders and despatch labels using Magento, Amazon and eBay to process orders and an online parcel despatch system (Despatch Bay) for booking in parcels
- Using the internet to find postcodes and other information when a customer’s address has been inputted incorrectly
- Composing professional replies to customer queries via email and the online marketplaces (excellent spelling and grammar required)
- Telephone answering - dealing with customer enquiries, telephone orders and transferring calls to other departments (you will be the first point of contact for our customers, so you need to give a great impression!).
- Booking in post on Royal Mail’s OBA system
- Responding to instant messages via our online chat system
- Daily feedback checks and dealing with any feedback issues
- Calculating quotations for bespoke order enquiries and raising sales invoices
- Ordering stock
- Chasing and inputting purchase invoices (Xero)
- Managing the office printers with the confidence to fix any hardware issues that may arise
- Dealing with customer returns and refunds
- Putting together a selection of our kits in spare time
The above mentioned duties are by no means an exhaustive list but it gives an indication of requirements for this role.
- Be well-organised and remain calm under pressure
- Prioritise your own workload and those of the packing department
- Due to the ever evolving developments in technology, you must be fully adaptable and willing to learn new skills when changes arise
- Have excellent computer skills with a great knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel and the Internet
- English and Maths to at least GCSE or O level standard
- Have an excellent and confident telephone manner
- Have a keen eye for detail - being a true ‘perfectionist’ with your work output
- Possess a proven track record of excellent timekeeping and attendance in previous employment/college/university
The following additional skills would be considered as beneficial for this role:
- Previous experience of dealing with orders and customers on marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, Etsy and so on.
- Magento or a similar e-commerce platform
- Have some previous experience with a computer ‘drawing’ package such as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator
- Previous experience of production control, stock check and ordering
- Have worked for a small business or has been part of a small team in the past
Marketing & Creative Dept
Although not a requirement, it is worth mentioning that if you are full of great & creative ideas then there will be opportunities to assist us within this area too, especially if you have experience in:
- Product photography & Image editing
- Creative content writing for e-commerce
For ages 21 and over, the starting pay for this role is £8.00 per hour. However, this is negotiable for the right candidate with proven skills in a similar role.
For ages 18-20, the starting pay is £5.90 per hour.
Working week: Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm - however, as previously mentioned, we are open to the possibility of having 2 part-time people who work on this role as a job share.
28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (this position requires holidays to be taken outside of the school holidays due to limited staff cover during these periods, therefore if you have children of a school age, this role will not be suitable for you).
This position is available for an immediate start.
An aptitude test will be required for the short-listed candidates - testing practical capabilities and basic computer skills.
Using the below form, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining the relevant skills you have and why you should be considered for this role.